The Mission Statement of NZ Maori Hockey is to provide a healthy environment for all associated with NZ Maori Hockey via:
- Vision – To realize the potential, excellence & success of NZ Maori Hockey
- Values – To nurture tikanga Maori & whanaungatanga
- Strategic Direction – To promote and develop all aspects of NZ Maori Hockey
- Key Measures – To measure key performance outcomes
The Aims of New Zealand Maori Hockey (Te Haupoi Maori o Aotearoa) are:
- To provide all players with the opportunity to excel and develop to their potential.
- To offer the widest opportunities for all to participate at the highest level in Hockey.
- To provide a healthy social environment for all associated with Maori Hockey.
- To encourage all aspects of Maoritanga – (karakia, karanga, korero, waiata, haka, whanaungatanga) in accordance with the Treaty of Waitangi.
The Objectives of New Zealand Maori Hockey (Te Haupoi Maori o Aotearoa) are:
- To provide an opportunity for all people of Maori ancestry who are interested in playing hockey, irrespective of age, ability or gender.
- To provide all Maori with the opportunity to participate in hockey while increasing an awareness of their cultural background.
- To provide opportunities and encourage participation in all aspects of hockey.
- To encourage the development of hockey throughout Aotearoa for all Maori.
- That each Rohe host the National Maori Hockey Tournament in a sequential order.
- To promote National and International Maori Hockey competition within Aotearoa:
- controlling National Maori Hockey tournaments and other similar competitions
- provide the Maori teams with the opportunity to compete in Aotearoa or overseas.
- To administer and implement the affairs of New Zealand Maori Hockey (Te Haupoi Maori o Aotearoa).
- To be the Court of Appeal as provided under Rule 24.2.